“ सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके । शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥
 

Lepakshi, Anantapur district

Lepakshi is a small village and Mandal with its headquarters located in the Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is 15 km (9.3 mi) east of Hindupur and about 120 km (75 mi) north of Bangalore. Lepakshi is historically and archaeologically significant, with three shrines dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu and Veerabhadra. These shrines were built during the Vijayanagara Kings' period (1336–1646).
One of the main attractions in Lepakshi is a huge Nandi bull made of a single granite stone. The place is also known for mural paintings of the Vijayanagar Kings. Many old Kannada inscriptions dating back centuries can also be seen on its walls. Legend has it that the Naga of the Nagalinga was carved out of a single stone by sculptors while they waited for their mothers to prepare lunch.
 
Manifo.com - free business website