“ सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके । शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥
 

Kandariya Mahadeva

2015-07-22 11:32:21, comments: 0

 

Introduction: 
   
The world heritage site, Kandariya Mahadev Temple is situated in Khajuraho. Khajuraho is a small town in the Chhatarpur district of the Bundelkhand region of northern Madhya Pradesh.
   
Initially there were 85 temples in Khajuraho of which only 24 are left and this one is the largest and grandest.
   
The temples of Khajuraho were discovered by an English engineer T. S. Burt in 1938 A.D.
   
Khajuraho has been named after the large number of Khajur (date) palms found in this region. In the ancient times, it was known as Khajurvahak, Khajurpur etc.
   
Of the 4 objectives (Purusharth) of human life - Dharm (righteousness), Arth (wealth), Kaam (desire) and Moksh (salvation) - the temples here, display Kaam with priority. For this, sculpture art has been beautifully integrated into the architecture.
Categories entry: Temple
« back

Add a new comment

Manifo.com - free business website